WELCOME TO NIGERIA CENTRE FOR PRE-VARSITY EDUCATION, CEPED NIGERIA.
WHAT TO KNOW
According to statistics, over 1.7 million candidates do write UTME (JAMB) with the hope of securing admission to their dream universities but only a few fraction (less than 30%) realize this dream
WHAT IS IJMB?
IJMB– Interim Joint Matriculation Board Examinations (IJMBE) is an Advanced level programme moderated by the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Kaduna State with various partnering accredited centres and Institutions nationwide. The IJMB programme is suitable for students who wish to study in the country’s tertiary Institutions and were denied admission either due to JAMB failure, Post-utme Failure, or Mass Quota failure (i.e university cannot admit more than its capacity due to high number of candidates) and so many other reasons.
IJMB guarantees 200L University admission provided the candidates meets up with the required points for admission. A candidate is expected to obtain 5-8 points out of a total of 15 points to be eligible for university admission to 200 levels.
established in 1976 by the Interim Common Service Agency (ICSA) through the government of the Old Northern region of Nigeria. IJMB replaced the Higher School Certificate Examination (HSCE). Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) zaria is the national headquarters for the IJMBE programme.
IJMB ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
To be eligible for admission into the 2019 IJMB Programme, candidates must have satisfied the following:
*Photocopies of O’Level Result (Max of 2 sittings)
*Eight (8) recent Passport Photographs
*Certificate of State of origin (Optional)
*Printed and signed IJMB Admission letter after successful submission of application.
*Clearance and Oath forms obtained from the student portal upon Login
*Duely completed IJMB online printout FORM from the Centre for Pre-varsity Education Nigeria, obtained from www.cepednigeria.com.ng
ADVANTAGES OF IJMB
- 200L admission into any university accepting IJMB
- IJMB certificates do not expire and can be used for admission in cases where the candidate was unable to secure admission the first year.
- Awaiting result candidates can apply. Also, students who have deficiencies in their O’level mathematics and English can be remedied in IJMB O’level.
- IJMB runs for a period of 9-12 months
IJMB CENTRES/ INSTITUTES
The IJMB programme is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Hence various Institutions are affiliated to the IJMB programme in different states accross the federation. These Institutions are: Private, State or Federal organizations of which CEPED NIGERIA is one.
See the Comprehensive » List of Universities Accepting IJMB
See the possible » IJMB Subject & Course Combination
JUPEB- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Governments of Nigeria in December 2013 saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary Institutions.
The establishment of this examinations body was recently approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria to fill the gap created by the discontinuance of Advance Level Examinations.
Click to » BEGIN REGISTRATION!
AIM & OBJECTIVE OF JUPEB
The aim of JUPEB is to see students have an alternative to JAMB in gaining admission into Nigerian universities. And with JUPEB, you gain admission into 200 level of any course. Yes, you heard us right into any course
To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the University.
• To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University work.
• To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Each candidate must register, sit for examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a general studies course.
- The general studies for course in each university Faculty will be based on relevant General course suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students uipon completion of the programme will be issued vcertificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades A,B,C,D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General studies paper.
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
DURATION OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic sessionof two semesters
The basic requirements for Enrolment is a minimum of five (5) Credit Passes at the senior Secondary Certificate (SSCE/NECO) /General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level in subjects relevant to the desired university programme or course of study.
AVAILABLE COURSES TO BE UNDERTAKEN BY CANDIDATES
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University direct entry admission and a good head start for University work.
The courses of study which are those of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects include:
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
3. Literature in English,
4. Christian Religious Studies,
11. Islamic Studies,
13. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
20. Agricultural Science etc.
Students are required to select three subjects in addition to English.
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF UNIVERSITIES ACCEPTING JUPEB
The following universities are JUPEB partners:
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka – Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
Other universities in Nigeria are:
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Osun State University, Oshogbo
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Paul University, Akwa
- Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode
- University of Port Harcourt
- Wellspring University, Irhirhi, Benin City.
JUPEB EXAM GRADING
A mock exam that forms 30% of the total score in each subject is conducted by the institution and forwarded to the board. The Board’s exams take the remaining 70%.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
Three subjects are offered by each candidate. The combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as a cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, OAU can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts)
How To Register For JUPEB Programme with US
Please note that some institutions may require candidates to undergo a screening examination.
however, candidates who choose to register with us are admitted without screening examinations. i.e automatic admission.
FOR JUPEB Application form fee, tuition, and hostel fees, visit » JUPEB tuition fees & aides
Click to begin registration » JUPEB official registration portal
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IJMB, JUPEB AND CAMBRIDGE PROGRAMME
(Nigeria Centre for Pre-Varsity Education)
Interested applicants are to pay the sum of Five Thousand Naira (#5,000) for the IJMB Programme and Fifteen Thousand Naira (#15,000) for the JUPEB Programme either via
→DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT PAYMENT
Payment should be made only to CEPED NIGERIA Official Account details below for your IJMB and JUPEB admission form payment and registration portal as it is our only official account details for a successful IJMB registration.
Guaranty Trust Bank Only!!!
Account Name: CEPED EDURESOURCE CONCEPT
Account Number: 0451693722
Subsequent upon payment, candidates are expected to confirm payment by clicking on the validate payment confirmation link below to submit their payment details or send their depositors name, teller name, phone numbers and email address and date of payment to
08111101104, 07088897222 for verification and validation or validate payment below.
Candidates are expected to access the registration form by following the text sent to them as an sms notification or by clicking on the Complete REGISTRATION FORM link below to input their details and access the form.
➧ Login after Validating Payment
Candidates are to note, that the Application Form is to be submitted to their chosen centre (filled during their online registration) not later than 2- weeks to complete their registration. Venues for the programme/Centre locations will be displayed on their form. Click the button to fill the online .
Note: Access code is sent to candidates upon successful completion of registration form upon payment confirmation
WHO WE ARE
Centre for Pre-Varsity Education, Nigeria (CEPED EDURESOURCE NIGERIA) approved by the law (RC:2682276) to register candidates to all IJMB accredited partnering centres/institutions nationwide.
Visit our » offical ijmb portal
Founded in 2010, owned by the Centre for Pre-Varsity Education, Nigeria (CEPED EDURESOURCE) focused on tailoring dynamic students in and outside of the classroom. We emphasize on active and collaborative learning, meaningful student-teacher relationships, a creative synthesis of the liberal arts with the world of work and the value and the necessity of lifelong learning.
Vibrant City. Close-Knit centres. Our centres are nestled in the capitals of every state, and it’s also an extended classroom for our students full of research, service and internship opportunities. We are guided by the motto: “Enhancing Academic Values”…
Yearly, more than 98% of students who register with us for the IJMB programme successfully secure admission to their dream universities to pursue their dream course as our services are moderated by the Centre for Pre-Varsity Education, Nigeria. (CEPED EDURESOURCE)
*No JAMB/PUTME score is needed for Admission
*Awaiting Result Candidate too can Apply
*Automatic Admission without Screening
*A non-refundable form fee of #5,000 (via online payment option, transfers or bank deposit,which includes Registration & logistics) is to be made
Click here ➧For tuition and other fees.
A candidate is to undertake only (3) subject combinations relevant to His/Her desired university course.
Click to view the ➧Official list of IJMB courses and Subject Combination with Grades, ➧IJMB tuition fees, ➧List of Universities Accepting IJMB, ➧How to register for the IJMB programme
Applicant/Candidate should visit the school to know more about other requirements and to know more about the program or