WHAT IS TOEFL:
TOEFL-Test of English as a Foreign Language, The TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 10,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the United States. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
HOW IT WORKS:
The TOEFL test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. And it evaluates how well you combine your reading, listening, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. The US-based “Educational Testing Service”(ETS), develops and administers the TOEFL®.ETS is responsible for setting questions, conducting the test and sending score reports to each examinee. Thus the result is recognized by all universities in any English Speaking country e.g USA.
TOEFL TEST STRUCTURE:
The TOEFL Internet-based Test tests all four language skills that are important for effective communication: Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing.All four sections are taken on the same day, and the entire test is about four hours long.
The structure of the TOEFL iBT is as follows:
- Reading (60-100 min) (36-70 questions) (0-30 scoring scale)
- Listening (60-90 min) (34-51 questions) (0-30 scoring scale)
- Speaking (20 min) (6 tasks) (0-4 points converted to 0-30 scoring scale)
- Writing (50 min) (2 tasks) (0-5 points converted to 0-30 scoring scale)
WHO TAKES THE TOEFL® TEST?
More than 35 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL® test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency. The average English skill level ranges between Intermediate and Advanced.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
WHO ACCEPTS TOEFL TEST SCORES?
More than 10,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores. For more information, including using your scores to satisfy visa requirements in Australia and the U.K., how to find institutions that accept TOEFL scores, and more, call the contacts below.
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I TAKE THE TOEFL iBT TEST?
The TOEFL test has over 50 test dates per year at authorized test centers around the world. You can retake the test as many times as you wish, but you cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period. If you already have a test appointment, you cannot register for another test date that is within 12 days of your existing appointment.
This retake policy will be enforced even if a violation is not immediately identified (for example, inconsistent registration information).
- If the violation is identified after registration but before the test date, your test appointment will be canceled and your test fee will not be refunded.
- If the violation is not identified until after your scores have been reported, your scores will be canceled. You and any score recipients will be notified by a cancellation letter, and your test fee will not be refunded.
- For centre locations, click: ⇒Official TOEFL Test Centres in Nigeria
MODE OF APPLICATION:
CEPED NIGERIA is inviting applications from prospective candidates for TOEFL examination registration. To register, candidates are required to follow the procedures at our ➧Register Now.
VENUE OF COACHING:
The venue of the programme depends on applicants choice, click to read the locations of all our partnering
For more information contact us: CEPEDNIGERIA (081-1110-1104), 070-8889-7222, or visit the ➧Contact Us page for other channels.