JUPEB- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Governments of Nigeria in December 2013 saddled with the responsibility of conducting examinations for students, who have undergone approved subject combinations and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into Nigerian and partnering foreign tertiary Institutions.
The establishment of this examinations body was recently approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria to fill the gap created by the discontinuance of Advance Level Examinations.
Click to »BEGIN REGISTRATION!
AIM & OBJECTIVE OF JUPEB
The aim of JUPEB is to see students have an alternative to JAMB in gaining admission into Nigerian universities. And with JUPEB, you gain admission into 200 level of any course. Yes, you heard us right into any course
To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the University.
• To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University work.
• To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
- Each candidate must register, sit for examinations and satisfy the Board in three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a general studies course.
- The general studies for course in each university Faculty will be based on relevant General course suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students uipon completion of the programme will be issued vcertificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades A,B,C,D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General studies paper.
For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
DURATION OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic sessionof two semesters
The basic requirements for Enrolment is a minimum of five (5) Credit Passes at the senior Secondary Certificate (SSCE/NECO) /General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level in subjects relevant to the desired university programme or course of study.
AVAILABLE COURSES TO BE UNDERTAKEN BY CANDIDATES
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University direct entry admission and a good head start for University work.
The courses of study which are those of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) subjects include:
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
3. Literature in English,
4. Christian Religious Studies,
11. Islamic Studies,
13. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
20. Agricultural Science etc.
Students are required to select three subjects in addition to English.
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF UNIVERSITIES ACCEPTING JUPEB
The following universities are JUPEB partners:
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka – Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
Other universities in Nigeria are:
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Osun State University, Oshogbo
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Paul University, Akwa
- Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode
- University of Port Harcourt
- Wellspring University, Irhirhi, Benin City.
A mock exam that forms 30% of the total score in each subject is conducted by the institution and forwarded to the board. The Board’s exams take the remaining 70%.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points),C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point).
Three subjects are offered by each candidate. The combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as a cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, OAU can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts)
How To Register For JUPEB Programme
Please note that some institutions may require candidates to undergo a screening examination.
however, candidates who choose to register with us are admitted without screening examinations. i.e automatic admission.
FOR Jupeb Application form fee, tuition, and hostel fees, visit »JUPEB tuition fees & aides
Click to begin registration »JUPEB official registration portal